Thursday, March 21, 2013

Conservatives to Portman: Gay ‘Marriage’ Harmful to the People Involved and Society

Conservatives to Portman: Gay ‘Marriage’ Harmful to the People Involved and Society


Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio) announced in a Mar. 15 commentary that he had switched his position on “gay marriage” because one of his sons had disclosed he was homosexual, a reversal of views that some conservative leaders criticized as harmful to the people directly involved and to society overall.

“Two years ago, my son Will, then a college freshman, told my wife, Jane, and me that he is gay,” wrote Portman. “At the time, my position on marriage for same-sex couples was rooted in my faith tradition that marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman. … I’ve thought a great deal about this issue, and like millions of Americans in recent years, I’ve changed my mind on the question of marriage for same-sex couples.”


No comments:

Post a Comment