Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Students Lose Zeal for Aiding Obama Again

Students Lose Zeal for Aiding Obama Again

For much of the presidential election of 2008, Barack Obama’s campaign was Emma Guerrero’s life. She was one of a dozen volunteers who showed up at an Obama campaign office here every night, taking time from her studies at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, to be part of what she still remembers as the most exciting period of her life.

... [A]s she looks to graduation this June and her job hunt ahead, the emotion she feels is fear, and she cannot imagine having the time or spirit to work for Mr. Obama.

“I don’t think I could do it anymore,” she said. “That campaign was an amazing experience. But I don’t think I’m in the same mind-set anymore. He hasn’t really addressed the young people, and we helped him to get elected.”

THE NEW YORK TIMES

TONY DIGIROLAMO- I'M THINKING A LOT OF YOUNG PEOPLE ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR "THE ECONOMY STUPID"

No comments:

Post a Comment