Saturday, January 26, 2013

Amy Grant's Story Of Her Parents' Dementia And The Last Lesson They Taught Her

Amy Grant's Story Of Her Parents' Dementia And The Last Lesson They Taught Her


My dad loved to sing and loved any meal that brought our family together. He loved boats and the beach and being outdoors. He loved God, and his prayers were filled with gratitude.

He taught me how to spell my name in Morse code, to play pool and ping-pong, to bait a fish hook, but the important things he taught me were by his example. He was compassionate, caring and respectful. I never heard him say a negative word about another person. What a lesson that was.

Dad is 81 now. His once-brilliant mind has been ravaged by dementia. He doesn't know my name. He rarely says two sentences in a row that make any sense.


TONY DIGIROLAMO
A TOUGH LOVE STORY TO TELL ... GET SOME TISSUES.

No comments:

Post a Comment