Tuesday, May 26, 2009

JUSTICE BLIND TO PERSONS RICH, POOR, BLACK AND WHITE


BY TONY DIGIROLAMO- SOTOMAYOR: COURTS MAKE POLICY- WHAT IS HAPPENING TO US WHEN WE FLY IN THE FACE OF THE CONSTITUTION AND A PRESIDENT WHO IS SUPPOSED TO UPHOLD IT.

HOTAIR.COM- Sonia Sotomayor’s greatest hits
“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion [as a judge] than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.” — Judge Sonia Sotomayor, in her Judge Mario G. Olmos Law and Cultural Diversity Lecture at the University of California (Berkeley) School of Law in 2001

So, the president picks someone that he knows is going to use empathy and "the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion".

You know I've been a citizen of this country for a long time but how do you tell children to uphold the law when these leaders don't.

According to Title 28, Chapter I, Part 453 of the United States Code, each Supreme Court Justice takes the following oath:

"I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

"Administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich ... So help me God."

This administration isn't going to do that ... the president and this nominee fail to be just to all Americans.

Breakdown of the family, breakdown in religion and morality and now a breakdown in the Constitution.

Troublesome and disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment