Monday, September 17, 2012

African-American Christians waver over vote

African-American Christians waver over vote


"When President Obama made the public statement on gay marriage, I think it put a question in our minds as to what direction he's taking the nation," said the Rev. A.R. Bernard, founder of the predominantly African-American Christian Cultural Center in New York. Bernard, whose endorsement is much sought-after in New York and beyond, voted for Obama in 2008. He said he's unsure how he'll vote this year.


TONY DIGIROLAMO
Mark 9:38-41 For he who is not against us is for us.
I know that many of my black brothers and sisters are disappointed in the first black president, Barack Obama.
If he were for us and followed the Christian commandments and precepts of God the narrative on this mans presidency would be remarkably different. We would be looking at a George Washington, an Abraham Lincoln, FDR, or a Ronald Reagan but that is not his legacy.
That sadly is the bitter truth...
He's not for us who believe in the Word of God and that God's Word is unchanging.
He is not for us as he charts a course favoring Same Sex Marriage and the rest.
He's not for us if he believes in a woman's right to choose to terminate a pregnancy in the latest moments of the third trimester.
As a Protestant I never thought that I would be voting for a Mormon. But I will. We must!
You see I've been praying about this and the Lord showed me the Scripture above Mark 9:38-41, Jesus said, "for he who is not against us is for us".
Romney is a Mormon but He's not against us. His life with his wife, his children and grandchild speaks volumes to that chapter and verse.
I don't believe that a Romney presidency will intrude or trample on our freedom or the Constitution or God's Word. What you believe would not be called hate speech.
So my Black Brethren please rise to the occasion for such a time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment