Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Why People Refuse Therapy – Therapy Feels like an Insult

Why People Refuse Therapy – Therapy Feels like an Insult


Yesterday I was at my psychiatrist’s and I wasn’t doing terribly well. It seems I’m a little stressed. Turns out being a well-known mental health writer is a smidgen more challenging than one might think.

And so one of the recommendations my doctor made was to do some mindfulness training in a local program.
Instantly I felt myself rile against the idea. Internally I was feeling very resistant against yet more therapy.


TONY DIGIROLAMO
YES MY FRIENDS, THIS IS PSCIENCE! EVEN THE SHRINKS HAVE SHRINKS.
NATASHA: "I have had lots of therapy in my life. I have had many different kinds of therapy in my life. I have seen many different therapists in my life. I think I’m therapied-out."
All of America is therapied-out with this nonsense. Therapy not only feels like an insult. It is an insult
Definition of insult: 2 Medicine an event or occurrence that causes damage to a tissue or organ: the movement of the bone causes a severe tissue insult.
Psychology has been causing insult, damage to the tissue in the brain. Prescriptions of antidepressants, psychotropic drugs have been causing the chemical imbalance in the brain for decades.
Psychology has been adding insult to injury for too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment