Saturday, January 31, 2009

Iraq election hailed as 'great success'
No reports of major violence as 14,000 candidates fight for 440 seats




MSNBC.MSN.COM- "How can we not vote? All of us here have always complained about being oppressed and not having a leader who represented us. Now is our chance," said Basra voter Abdul Hussein Nuri ... "I will wait here until the night. I must vote before I die," he said. "Maybe they are trying to steal my vote. But I will not allow it. I am still alive. I am not dead yet."

CSTV- TONY DIGIROLAMO- "I will wait here until the night. I must vote before I die," he said. "Maybe they are trying to steal my vote. But I will not allow it. I am still alive. I am not dead yet."

That statement from a man in Iraq rings the bells of liberty across this nation once again.

A reminder of Patrick Henry and this, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

That's what that man in Iraq was saying in the report from MSNBC, Fadhel al-Shimary, who had walked two miles to vote in Baghdad's Palestine Street, stopping every 50 meters to rest in a chair carried by his son. "I will wait here until the night. I must vote before I die ..."

I remember after Baghdad fell and Saddam was gone the voice of that elderly Iraqi man trying to speak English saying, "Thank you Mr. Bush! Thank you Mr Bush! thank you."

Thank you Mr Bush! I am sure that man felt then, "Mission accomplished" indeed! God bless you and God bless America, Iraq, Afghanistan and the nation of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment