Monday, January 9, 2012

Paul Simon: 'God Comes Up a Lot in My Songs'

Paul Simon: 'God Comes Up a Lot in My Songs'

Paul Simon's latest album, So Beautiful or So What, made a bunch of Best Albums of 2011 lists, including CT's own. That Simon is acclaimed for his music is hardly news, but the fact that So Beautiful so deeply explores spiritual themes is fascinating.

"For somebody who's not a religious person, God comes up a lot in my songs," Simon said in press materials accompanying the album's release.

CHRISTIANITY TODAY

TONY DIGIROLAMO- I WORKED WITH PAUL SIMON IN THE DAYS WHEN HE WAS JERRY LANDIS, WORKING FOR MAJOR MUSIC PUBLISHER, EB MARKS MUSIC.

I DO HOPE THAT PAUL MAKES A TOTAL TRANSFORMATION TO KNOWING THE KING OF KINGS.

His first album Wednesday Morning 3 AM the song, Go Tell It on the Mountain, that Jesus Christ was born... it takes a lot of character to do that.

Over the years I've noticed the trend continue, when he put up Jesse Dixon and the Humming Birds on one of his albums years ago. He had a choir sound on Loves Me Like a Rock and allowed Jesse Dixon a track on the album, "Jesus is the Answer" Jesus is the way ... unheard of these days.

My prayer is he hears the song in a bold fresh way and take that step into the Kingdom. God bless you Paul ... I have loved your music and hope you get to the Graceland not of this planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment