Monday, July 2, 2012

Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay."

Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay."


Last week, Entertainment Weekly ran a story on an emerging trend: gay people in public life who come out in a much more restrained and matter-of-fact way than in the past. In many ways, it's a great development: we're evolved enough not to be gob-smacked when we find out someone's gay. But it does matter nonetheless, it seems to me, that this is on the record. We still have pastors calling for the death of gay people, bullying incidents and suicides among gay kids, and one major political party dedicated to ending the basic civil right to marry the person you love. So these "non-events" are still also events of a kind; and they matter. The visibility of gay people is one of the core means for our equality.


TONY DIGIROLAMO- AND OUR RIGHTS AS CHRISTIANS WHO BELIEVE THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS STILL AN ABOMINATION IS NOW CONSIDERED HATE SPEECH.
Anderson Cooper speaks of God's gift of love, "In my opinion, the ability to love another person is one of God’s greatest gifts, and I thank God every day for enabling me to give and share love with the people in my life."
I'm sorry that our country is struggling to hold on to God's precepts and standards for behavior and it is apparent that Anderson is ignorant of Gods gift of love and direction for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment